18.5.06

congratulation

Wenger's View
Arsene Wenger

Wenger: 'I congratulate Barcelona - and my players'

on Lehmann's sending off...
"To me it looked a red card because it was a foul outside the box and it looked to be a foul so it is very difficult to contest. But I don't think that was the most important part of the game tonight. We played well and I'm convinced we had two or three good chances to score the second goal. When you don't you know the last 20 minutes would be difficult."

on Samuel Eto'o's equaliser...
"My biggest regret is that the first goal was offside. When you are playing 10 versus 11 and you concede an offside goal it is difficult to accept. It is difficult to accept losing games on a wrong decision and I feel that something should be done about it. Apart from that I congratulate Barcelona and special congratulations to my players for their superb season and the magnificent match they played tonight."

+
post match view, www.arsenal.com